Hi there! You new here? We love that you found our gay little corner of the web. Here at Debt Free Guys, we’re all about helping queer people live lives they truly love inside and out. We think happiness is a 360-degree experience (purpose, love, money, wellness, and lifestyle) that you also deserve. After reading our article below, see how we can help you more here.
Affordable home design for less than $200
After a year of being stuck in our four walls, many of us want to spruce our places up. Here are three tips for an affordable home design under $200. While you’re making life more beautiful, get your free copy of the 5 Building Blocks of a Happy Gay Life here.
Teri Moore of T. Moore Home on affordable home design
As we enter the second year of quarantine, you may be getting tired of staring at the same four walls. But what if you don’t have thousands of dollars to spend on home design? Is there a way to breathe new life into your space without breaking the bank?
As part of our 2021 Live Fabulously Not Fabulously Broke campaign, we invited Teri Moore, the creator of T. Moore Home, onto Queer Money®. T. Moore Home is a platform that helps the average person leverage DIY home remodels to design a home they love. She believes that with a little guidance, everyone holds the power to have the home of their dreams. Teri also offers full-service interior design and decorating services in the Nashville area as well as an eDesign package for clients nationwide.
On this episode of Queer Money®, Teri joins us to explain how she is making design accessible, challenging us to consider an object’s function before we bring it home and invest in quality pieces that will stand the test of time. She walks us through the process of making our lives less stressful by way of design and cautions us against believing that the images we see on Instagram are the whole story. Listen in for Teri’s insight on decorating your home with artwork and get her top tips on refreshing your space—for $200 or less!
3 tips on affordable home design
1. How to make functional design improvements
• Identify pain point (something you dread doing)
• Design solution, e.g.: bowl for mail by the door
2. Teri’s tips for freshening your home for under $200
• Swap out light fixtures and/or bulbs to change the mood
• Automate ‘wind down’ time with smart plugs
3. Teri’s insight around overhead vs. task lighting
• Overhead lights make a room feel bigger, cleaner
• Use lamps or plug-in wall sconces to shift the mood
Other topics covered on affordable home design
Teri’s mission to make interior design for the masses
• Learned skills to make own home lovely, comfortable
• Build a business around bringing the love of home to all
Teri’s advice for creating a strong interior design
• Consider the function of the object and where it will go
• Invest in quality pieces you plan to keep forever
What mistakes people make in buying things for their home
• Lack of planning, reflection regarding how pieces used
• Sold idea that Instagram = whole story
Why Teri recommends investing in the artwork you love
• Print or original piece adds beauty to a home
• Only interior design piece that pays return
How Teri works with clients
1. Full-service design for clients in the Nashville area
2. Virtual eDesign service anywhere in the US