How to give to the LGBTQ community and give right
A “small” donation of $50 a month from each of us (3 NYC-priced drinks) would total $9 billion annually! Let’s smartly give to the LGBTQ community.
Hear how we can all give to the LGBTQ community:
Smartly giving to the LGBTQ community
You don’t have to have a lot of money to support the organizations that provide for the most vulnerable among us, and if you can’t spare the money, there are other ways to give.
On this episode of Queer Money®, we’re challenging listeners to give back—in whatever way they can. We share why the queer community needs so much help, shining a light on the LGBTQ youth, transgender and senior populations who need extra support and offering insight into some of the national, regional and local organizations dedicated to helping the queer community.
We go on to talk about some of the best ways to give, from recurring contributions to volunteer work to building brand awareness. Listen in for the details of our commitment to donate time and money to the LGBTQ community and learn how developing a plan to give back benefits YOU!
Topics covered on how to give to the LGBTQ community
Why the queer community needs help
- Institutional structures not built for us
- LGBTQ youth, trans and senior population
What LGBTQ nonprofit organizations truly need
- Money (especially recurring contributions)
How to help build LGBTQ nonprofits build awareness
- Like, comment and share on social
- Help tell the story with friends, family
How it benefits you when you give to the LGBTQ community
- Reduces stress, makes us happier
- Opens us up to receiving as well
The potential impact of LGBTQ giving
- $50/month X 15M people = $9B
- < 1% of total purchasing power
Our advice for developing a plan to give
- Include giving back in your budget (1% to 5%)
- Amplify giving with corporate match
- Donate time if money not possible